Friday, October 21, 2011

Evaluation

          I would evaluate myself a 5.5 considering the grade that the 6th graders got. Considering the circumstances that the 6th graders were put in, they both acquired a grade of 70 each. I did the necessary and read everything that Ms. Hinojosa posted online. I kept up to date and worked independent. Although I did get some help from my peers and I took criticism in a positive way in order to help me achieve a good learning project. I redid my project several times in order to get to Prezi which I learned form my classmate Deborah.       
          At the very beginning I had chosen to create a video.  As I investigated on them I quickly noticed that they were actually not so easy so I changed it to a flipbook and comic strip. Then I noticed that my flipbook was taking forever because I was in page 120 and burly had investigated. After all that I decided to do Prezi because my classmates were using it and it seemed a lot simpler then what I was doing. I had to go through failure in order to conquer the design cycle. 
      My design was quite a mess because I didn't really focus on it. Since I kept changing my investigation on projects, I did not really consider a design. Although when I did get to Prezi I made a sample one and I told my self what I was going to do each day. On day September 23, I made a chart showing what my ideas were for the flip book and comic strip. As I went through it, I decided that the flip book idea was not going to work. The movement of the pages was going to take too many pages and with little movement. When I decided to do the Prezi I dedicated my time to see how Prezi worked.
          My plan was a simple not very elaborate system that I was using. I created a chart showing what I was going to do each day. Since I changed my two comparisons many times I kept going back and fixing my chart. When I was confused on what was in stored for me that day I would always go back and see my chart. Even though it has the days counted up to seven for each one I took twice that amount. I always had it on the back of my mind that that day would actually take two days. I would also go back to the www.mypdtp.blogspot.com and see what I had to do that day.
            Creating my final decision was actually very fun. As a result of creating this I learned a new way to make a very creative and learning page. Prezi allowed this product to have a learning experience upon the 6th graders.  In about 30 minutes I had created the whole project and made it very colorful. In my opinion my creation could of  been much more elaborate and maybe longer sentences. Considering it was for the 6th graders I believe it was very good.
          Evaluating your project is always hard. Even though I did it all as asked I know there was room for corrections because considering what I did do I know that I could have put in a little more effort. At first the whole project was very confusing I had no idea what I had to do. Then as I went back reviewed my study buddy and the class web, I noticed that everything that I needed to know was right there in front of me. So at first I didn’t have anything and what I did have was quite bad so I went back and I redid everything. I believe that this was not just a learning experience for the 6th graders, but for me too.
          Knowing for a fact that I got to do the Prezi because of my peers I was very appreciative. In technology there was times when I would goof around and not listen, but I always knew when it was time to get serious. At first I hated this project and I was sure I was going to fail the class but I got over it put my positive face on and worked hard. I tried to be as independent as possible and my work was done. I was proud to present my Prezi to the 6th graders because I knew how much effort went into it.  

1 comment:

  1. Karla

    Great job explaining each stage of the design cycle and most importantly what was going on with your think process. I appreciate your attention to details on this posting.

    ReplyDelete